How we do it
Experts in oak frame design
The key to our success is good design combined with in-depth carpentry knowledge. Our in-house design team has been producing post and beam structures in oak and Douglas fir for over a decade. This wealth of experience allows us to deliver aesthetically pleasing designs, even for the most challenging projects.
We frequently combine traditional joinery methods with contemporary techniques and materials to meet both challenging design goals and modern building regulations.
Our designers enjoy working as a team with our clients, architects and other specialists. We contribute significant technical knowledge and timber frame construction experience to the design process.
Involving us early in the development of a project can often avoid costly redesigns. Our objective is always to ensure that we add quality and value at every stage of a scheme's development. This is an approach that has gained us repeat business from many of our clients.
- We are happy to work alongside your chosen architect
- We can recommend affiliated architects and structural engineers
- We offer advice and can prepare sketch schemes and CAD 3d models
- An accurate budget estimate or guide price is calculated
- We will develop the frame design as necessary
- We liaise with affiliated structural engineers throughout
- The design team prepare workshop drawings
- Carpenters use detailed drawings to prepare the frames